A call for new Faculty Fellows…
The Clemson University Service Alliance would like to invite you to apply to be a 2018-2019 Service-Learning Faculty Fellow. Service Alliance Faculty Fellows will be a part of a learning community that explores issues related to service-learning and community-based research and will also serve as a resource for other faculty interested in utilizing service-learning in their classroom or developing a community-based research design.
Up to five faculty will be selected from a variety of academic disciplines for the 2018-2019 academic year. Fellows can either be experienced service-learning faculty/community-based researchers or faculty interested in developing a service-learning course or a course involving students in community-based research.
Service Alliance Fellows will receive professional development funds in the amount of $1,200 in return for the following:
- Teaching at least one course utilizing service-learning or community-based research during the period of their one year fellowship.
- Conducting a 60-minute service-learning webcast with ClemsonTV as part of the Clemson Collaborations program
- Serving as a consultant and mentor to faculty in designing and revising courses to include a service-learning component.
This is a competitive application process. Candidates should demonstrate – primarily through teaching of quality service-learning or community-based research courses – the potential to advance Clemson’s Service-Learning Program. However, any faculty member interested in promoting service-learning as an instructional tool is encouraged to apply.
Selection is based upon:
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae – evaluated for quality and integrated teaching, research and service experience.
- Brief statement describing what the applicant hopes to gain professionally from involvement in the Service Alliance Faculty Fellows Program
- Brief statement on the applicant’s experience with service-learning and community-based research
Click here to see the Service-Learning Faculty Fellow webcast archives.